Skip to content

About licences to collect debts

Main rule: Anyone who collects a claim on behalf of someone else or claims that have been taken over for collection must normally hold a licence.

The responsibility for debt collection has been transferred to Finansinspektionen (FI)

Please note: On January 1, 2024, the responsibility for licensing and supervision of debt collection operations was passed from the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY) to Finansinspektionen (FI).

For more information visit Finansinspektionen´s website.

Latest update: 9 January 2024