Change of legal and/or judgement expert
The responsibility for debt collection has been transferred to Finansinspektionen (FI)
Please note: On January 1, 2024, the responsibility for licensing and supervision of debt collection operations was passed from the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (IMY) to Finansinspektionen (FI).
A debt-collection permit is based on the fact that there is someone within the debt-collection operations who IMY believes possesses sufficient legal expertise and judgement.
It may be necessary to replace this person when he/she who is nominated as responsible for legal expertise and/or judgement in the operations is replaced during the course of a debt-collection permit.
In this situation, report the change to IMY and send in documents that show that the new person possesses sufficient legal expertise and judgement. Attach the following to the application:
- Description of the designated person's role in the organisation.
- Certificates and transcripts that prove the person's theoretical education and/or practical experience of debt-collection activities or comparable practice.
- Personal certificate — should not be more than three months old.
- Certificate of non-Bankruptcy — should not be more than three months old.
- Certificate proving that the person is not banned from operating a company — should not be more than three months old.
- Statement of any unpaid debts with the Swedish Enforcement Authority or equivalent — should not be more than three months old.